Last month, the R&B singer Cassie made a series of shocking claims about her relationship with Sean “Diddy” Combs, whom she met in 2005 when she was 19 years old. The hip-hop mogul, she said in a federal lawsuit, trapped her in a yearslong cycle of abuse, violence, and sex trafficking, and raped her toward the end of their relationship in 2018.
Combs denied these claims and settled with Cassie the following day. But in the days that followed, two more women filed lawsuits against Combs accusing him of sexual assault. In a fourth lawsuit filed on Wednesday, a woman who is unnamed in court documents claims that Combs and two of his associates took turns raping her in 2003, when she was a 17-year-old high school student.
According to the suit brought against Combs and two associates, the woman met the two Combs associates—Harve Pierre, the former president of Combs’s Bad Boy Entertainment, and an unnamed third man—at a lounge in the Detroit area. The suit says that Pierre told her he was “best friends” with Combs and called him with her. Combs allegedly convinced the woman to accompany Pierre and the unnamed man on a private jet to his studio in New York City. At the studio, the suit claims, the three men plied her with drugs and alcohol and began raping her. She fell into the fetal position on a bathroom floor, the suit says, and was flown back to Michigan, when she awoke.
“Incredibly,” the suit says, “the allegations brought by Ms. Doe are in many ways even more egregious than those brought by his prior victims.”
“Enough is enough,” Combs wrote in a statement Wednesday. “For the last couple of weeks, I have sat silently and watched people try to assassinate my character, destroy my reputation and my legacy. Sickening allegations have been made against me by individuals looking for a quick payday. Let me be absolutely clear: I did not do any of the awful things being alleged. I will fight for my name, my family and for the truth.”
As with Cassie’s lawsuit, the new suit was filed by attorney Douglas Wigdor and includes a trigger warning on its first page: “This document contains highly graphic information of a sexual nature, including sexual assault.” The previous three suits against Combs in recent weeks were filed under the Adult Survivors Act in New York, which granted alleged victims of sexual abuse a one-year window to file civil complaints regardless of whether the statute of limitations had passed. The window expired last month, prompting a flurry of new complaints against high-profile actors, musicians, and politicians. The new suit was filed under New York City’s Victims of Gender-Motivated Violence Act, which similarly granted a window from March 2023 to March 2025 for accusers to file civil complaints involving sexual assault claims after the expiration of the statute of limitations.
The suit said that the woman read about Cassie’s lawsuit last month as well as an additional complaint filed against Pierre. (A former assistant accused Pierre last month of grooming and sexually assaulting her; the former Bad Boy executive has not commented on the claims.) “Seeing two other women bravely speak out against Mr. Combs and Mr. Pierre, respectively,” the suit said, “gave Ms. Doe the confidence to tell her story as well.”